Ozone Soil & Groundwater Remediation
Inject ozone into the soil to destroy MTBE (methyl tertiary butyl ether) and hydrocarbon contaminants.
Soil and Groundwater Remediation with Ozone
- Twelve times more soluble than oxygen in water
- Moves easily through the soil
- Produced on-site, no need for hazardous chemical transportation or storage
- Most powerful oxidizer available
- Complex organics break down to carbon dioxide or less toxic molecules
- Breaks down to oxygen which increases DO levels
Contaminants Destroyed by Ozone
- MTBE (methyl tertiary butyl ether)
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, & xylenes)
- Diesel Fuel
- TCE (trichloroethylene)
- Chlorinated Solvents
- VOCs (volatile organic compounds)
- Aliphatic & Polyaromatic Hydrocarbons
Actual Site Remediation Data
Data provided by Synergy Environmental, Inc. using Ozone Solutions' equipment.
Ozone Removes BTEX & MTBE
Full-scale ozone injection systems, injecting into multiple wells.
Ozone Removes MTBE from Bedrock Aquifer
Full-scale ozone injection systems, treating bedrock aquifer.
Ozone Works in Multiple Aquifers
Full-scale ozone injection systems, injecting into multiple zones.
Ozone used in MTBE "Hot Spots"
Used existing MWs to treat MTBE "hot spots" with periodic injections of ozone. Reductions are over four months with one week per month injections.
Last Updated: April 16, 2012
The above information is from http://www.OzoneSolutions.com and is copyrighted by Ozone Solutions Inc.