Oxidizing Potential of Various Reagents
|Oxidizing Reagent||Oxidizing Potential|
Advantages of Ozone
- Ozone is the most powerful oxidant for disinfecting water or sanitizing surfaces
- Ozone can kill pathogens in seconds vs. several minutes for other oxidants
- Ozone is one of the strongest oxidants available for oxidizing organics
- Ozone decomposes back into oxygen, nothing to clean up
- Ozone, by itself, does not affect pH
- Ozone cannot be stored; therefore having a large volume of a dangerous oxidizer is not possible
- Ozone is excellent at oxidizing metals such as iron, manganese, and more
- Ozone enhances the flocculation and coagulation of organic material thereby improving filtration
- Ozone can be effective in partially oxidizing organics in the water to biodegradable compounds that can be removed by biological filtration
Ozone is the Strongest Oxidant on the Market!
Last Updated: July 29, 2014
The above information is from http://www.OzoneSolutions.com and is copyrighted by Ozone Solutions Inc.