Identifying the Odor
I want to keep my furniture, but it smells musty. Will Ozone Work?
- Was your furniture in a flood?
- Did a large amount of water spill on the furniture?
- Did a window get left open, and the furniture get rained on?
- Did anyone have a urination problem?
Ozone can eliminate any musty odors that penetrate the fabric.
- A shampoo cleaning of the fabric is the first step if the furniture allows a water based cleaning method. Check the label instructions.
- When dealing with musty, moldy odors in furniture or carpeting a mold and mildew inhibitor should be added to the rinse process of the cleaning method.
- A dry cleaning method for hypersensitive, wool, and other non water based materials should only use an upholstery dry cleaning agent.
- Once the furniture is dry, an ozone generator should be used to kill the lingering odors that might be trapped in areas that the cleaning process could not otherwise reach such as some underside areas.
- Place a large piece of plastic or a plastic tarp over the entire piece of furniture so all the edges of the plastic/tarp is flush with the floor to prevent any ozone from escaping into the room.
- Place the Ozone Generators output end just under the plastic with the rest of the Ozone Generator out in the room. Make sure the plastic is taped to the Ozone Generator to prevent any escape of Ozone.
Last Updated: July 29, 2014
The above information is from http://www.OzoneSolutions.com and is copyrighted by Ozone Solutions Inc.