Bottled Water and Ozone
A fast-acting and effective treatment technology, ozone is now used in a variety of water treatment applications. Ozone treatment is becoming widely used for bottled water in North America -- now the most rapidly growing market for ozone.
Ozone Benefits for the Beverage Market
- Ozone is superior to any other disinfection method because of its high oxidation state.
- Ozone allows for lower operating costs and reduces overall chemical costs.
- Ozone is not typically associated with by-products, and naturally reverts to oxygen, so no taste or odor is associated after its use.
- Ozone is generated on-site. Therefore no dangerous storage or handling is required.
- The International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) suggests a residual ozone level of 0.2 to 0.4 ppm. This provides disinfection to both the water and the bottle.
- Destroying bacteria instantly, ozone works faster than any other oxidant on the market!
Last Updated: July 29, 2014
The above information is from http://www.OzoneSolutions.com and is copyrighted by Ozone Solutions Inc.