Advantages of Ozone
- Ozone is the strongest oxidant and disinfectant available for the treatment of aqueous solutions and gaseous mixtures.
- Although ozone is only partially soluble in water, it is sufficiently soluble and stable such that its oxidation or disinfectant properties can be fully utilized.
- After ozone oxidizes or disinfects, it decomposes into oxygen.
- Ozone reacts with a large variety of organic compounds resulting in oxygen-containing organic by-products.
- Although ozone is the strongest oxidizing agent commercially available, it is safe to handle. The primary reason is that it cannot be stored and, therefore must be generated and used on-site.
- Ozone in its gaseous phase is a proven deodorizer for a variety of odorous materials.
- In treating potable water, wastewater, and landfill leachate, ozone has the proven ability to convert biorefractory organic materials to biodegradable materials. As a result, combining ozone oxidation with subsequent biological treatment can produce water or wastewater with lower concentrations of problematic organic compounds more cost-effectively than either process used individually.
- Applying ozone to any medium (liquid or gaseous) does not add other chemicals.
- Ozone, by itself, does not affect pH (ozone can oxidize the contaminants which are causing a pH adjustment)
Last Updated: June 18, 2012
The above information is from http://www.OzoneSolutions.com and is copyrighted by Ozone Solutions Inc.