Ozone is an environmentally friendly treatment that is produced onsite from oxygen or dry air, and reverts back to oxygen after reacting with the contaminants and pollutants. When utilizing ozone in groundwater remediation, the ozone is injected into the groundwater to oxidize organic constituents in order to reduce contaminants to safe levels. Utilizing Ozone Solutions' industry leading technology onsite typically reduces treatment time by 25% to 85% depending on site conditions. When utilizing ozone, total treatment costs can be reduced between 35% and 75%.
Ozone Solutions was extremely helpful during the engineering, planning, and building process, offering both time and cost-saving ideas to the design of the remedial system. I'm especially satisfied how easy it is to relocate to new sites thanks to the Ozone Solutions trailer unit.
See More Testimonials
Ozone Benefits for Groundwater & Soil Remediation
- Twelve times more soluble than oxygen in water
- Moves easily through the soil
- Produced on-site, no need for hazardous chemical transportation or storage
- Most powerful oxidizer available
- Complex organics break down to carbon dioxide or less toxic molecules
- Ozone breaks down to oxygen which increases DO (dissolve oxygen) levels
- Examples of contaminants destroyed by ozone
- MTBE (methyl tertiary butyl ether)
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, & xylenes)
- Diesel Fuel
- TCE (trichloroethylene)
- Chlorinated Solvents
- VOCs (volatile organic compounds)
- Aliphatic & Polyaromatic Hydrocarbons
Ozone for Groundwater & Soil Remediation
The above information is from http://www.OzoneSolutions.com and is copyrighted by Ozone Solutions Inc.