There are more than 280 major water treatment plants in the United States that incorporate the use of ozone in their processes. Drinking water treated with ozone kills or inactivates any pathogenic microorganisms including viruses, bacteria, and parasites and removes inorganic trace contaminants found in water systems due to pollution. Ozone treatment also reduces naturally occurring organic compounds such as humic acid and algal metabolites. Surface waters, including lakes and rivers, generally contain higher levels of microorganisms. Therefore, they are more prone to contamination than groundwater and require different treatment regimes. Ozone Solutions' industry leading technology provides an effective treatment to reduce customer risk and insure compliance to increasingly stricter drinking water regulations being enacted worldwide.
I would like to commend Ozone Solutions for their quality workmanship and superior customer service. They were extremely helpful during the engineering, planning, and building process, offering both time-saving and cost-saving ideas to the design of the remedial system. Thank you for your continued professionalism and proficiency.
See More Testimonials
Ozone Benefits for Drinking Water Treatment
- No environmental or health-endangering by-products due to a reduction of chemical usage
- Lower quantities and less reaction time are required than chemicals such as chlorine
- pH insensitivity
- Produced merely from energy and oxygen/air and reverts back to oxygen after the reaction
- Reduction in energy consumption
- Removal of odors and colors
- Natural taste and smell of the water is preserved
- Disinfection, i.e. killing of microorganisms (giardia lamblia /virus inactivation/elimination of cryptosporidia, and other contaminants)
- No formation of haloforms
- Enhancement of the flocculation/coagulation-decantation process
- Most powerful oxidizer (Iron and manganese for effective filtration) (Hydrogen sulfur or other sulfur based compounds)
- Degradation of pesticides, pharmaceutical residues and other trace contamination
- Removal of organic and inorganic matter
Ozone for Drinking Water Treatment
The above information is from http://www.OzoneSolutions.com and is copyrighted by Ozone Solutions Inc.