Ozone has been proven a valuable tool as a biocide for the treatment of industrial and utility cooling water systems. When properly applied, an improvement in operational efficiency due to increased heat transfer can be expected. Additional benefits include improved environmental impact by reduced chemical blow-down, and an overall reduction in on-going chemical costs. Reduced system corrosion when attributed to chemical biocides is also possible. Ozone Solutions' industry leading technology offers an impressive ROI along with providing the most reliable and green process.
We were unable to maintain adequate biological control in the small cooling tower at our remote, unmanned power generating facility. We needed a treatment system that could operate daily and reliably to treat the water, without any manual over-site. Something that posed minimal dangers to the plant or the environment, and had adequate fail safes built into it. We had reservations about ozone being sufficient to control the bio-fowling, and yet not be corrosive to the system.
See More Testimonials
The fact that we were provided the option to rent, or "rent-to-buy" the ozone treatment system allowed us to try it with less risk. Ozone treatment on a daily basis has accomplished more consistently acceptable bacteria counts than any of the other "non-ozone" treated towers.
Ozone Benefits for Cooling Tower
- 3,125 times more germicidal than chlorine
- Eliminates the use of chemicals (except for pH balancing)
- Ends discharge liabilities and chemical storage record keeping
- Destroys all types of micro-organisms instantly
- Minimizes condenser fouling
- Decomposes organic waste through oxidation
- Removes existing calcium carbonate scale by destroying the biomass glue bonding agent
- Low maintenance costs
- The most environmentally friendly oxidant
- No persistent chemicals or disinfectants in bleed - ozone breaks down to oxygen
- Reduces the corrosion rate of metals, including copper heat exchangers
- Saves on energy costs by increasing the heat transfer efficiency of the chiller
Ozone for Cooling Tower
The above information is from http://www.OzoneSolutions.com and is copyrighted by Ozone Solutions Inc.