Ozone Solutions now offers a pH sensor as an add-on feature for the Q-45H Dissolved Ozone Meter. This pH sensor can be mounted on the top of the Q-45H flowcell.
Occasionally our customers will need to measure levels of ozone greater than 3 ppm with their K-7404 Dissolved Ozone Test Kit. To do so, the sample can be diluted, allowing up to 6 ppm of indication.
The video and instructions here, in combination with the standard kit instructions, will allow you to do this in the most effective way possible.
1) Add 5 drops of A-7400 Activator Solution to the sample cup.
2) Add 12.5 mL of distilled water to the sample cup.
3) Add enough sample to the cup to bring the volume to the 25 mL mark
4) Snap the ampoule in the cup, and continue with the standard instructions.
Find the result indicated by your comparator and multiply that value by 2.
The number you get is your dissolved ozone concentration.
For further details about the K-7404 dissolved ozone test kit, or our other dissolved ozone monitors, please visit the links below!
Ozone Solutions has created a new video that illustrates proper use of our K-7404 Dissolved Ozone Test Kit. If you are curious about how these vacu-vial test kits work, this video will walk you through the process and show you the simple steps involved.
For more information about the K-7404 or any of our other dissolved ozone test kits, visit the product pages here!
Ozone Solutions has put up a new page detailing their ozone exposure testing service. This page gives some further information regarding our processes and capabilities. Whether you are working with SAE, ASTM, MIL or your own custom testing standards, Ozone Solutions can help.
The primary benefit of this service is cost. Considering the expense of buying (or renting) the equipment for ozone exposure testing (ozone analyzer, ozone generator, and necessary controls), many companies are now finding it cost-effective to outsource these tests to a third party such as Ozone Solutions. The result is quality test results at a fraction of the cost.
See our Ozone Exposure Testing page for further information and contact us to see how we can meet your needs!
Ozone Solutions recently posted over 10 new listings to our Ozone Analyzer section of our Ozone Classifieds. We now have over 15 used analyzers listed for sale. If you are looking for accurate ozone measurements at a low cost this is the place for you!
Below is a sample of the great deals on used ozone analyzers we currently have for sale on the Ozone Classifieds at this time:
View our full list of used ozone analyzers for sale on our ozone classifieds.
All of our used ozone analyzers have been checked over, repaired as necessary and are shipped with a NIST traceable calibration certificate. If you have a need Ozone Solutions does offer in-house ozone analyzer calibration, and a full service analyzer repair shop.
Contact us today for all your ozone detection needs.
The OZV-8 Ozone Generator has recently undergone updates and changes that have greatly improved it’s performance and value to the end-user.
Ozone solutions has been selling the OZV-8 for many years. Over the years minor changes to the corona cell have improved quality and ease of service. But the basic operation has remained unchanged. A totally new electronics package has been in development for 2 years and is finally available for sale to the public. This features a new transformer, new driver board, and new operator interface. Below is a summary of the changes to the OZV-8 Ozone Generator
- Ozone production from oxygen has risen from 8 grams/hour to 10 gram/hour, and this output is achieved using less oxygen, only 4 LPM of oxygen as opposed to 6 LPM.
- The 10-position switch is now operated with push-buttons instead of a dial, and now uses easy to see indicator lights.
- The 10-position switch is now integrated into all OZV-8′s.
- A no-flow switch is not standard on all OZV-8′s. This switch will turn OFF the ozone generator cell and cooling fan when feed-gas flows drop below 2.0 LPM, and turn ON the cell and fan when flows rise above 3.0 LPM. This is a great method of automating your ozone system based upon flow.
- The transformer is now an open coil, magnetic type replacing the failure prone, oil-cooled transformer
- The driver board now has the ability to see faults and shut-down ozone production to protect delicate components
These are exciting changes as the performance and value to the customer has improved, however the price has not changed. This offers a greater value to the customer.
The following features have remained unchanged.
- Ozone Production from dry-air has remained relatively unchanged. 4 g/hr ozone can be produced from 7 LPM dry air, however up to 5 g/hr ozone can be produced from 10 LPM dry air.
- Dry air can be produced by the V-10 air dryer, which can still be plugged into and controlled by the OZV-8 Ozone Generator
- The corona cell still uses stainless steel with a glass dielectric. The end-caps are a high grade Kynar material to prevent leaks, but still allow serviceability by the end-user
- The OZV-8 can still operate under a vacuum or pressure -5 – 5 PSI pressure range
- The OZV-8 can still produce ozone efficiently from both dry-air and oxygen feed-gas
- The compact enclosure has remained unchanged
The performance of the new OZV-8 Ozone Generator is illustrated in the charts below:
Follow this link for more information on the updated OZV-8 Ozone Generator
For information on our full line of industrial ozone generators click here.
Ozone’s affect on Microarray systems has been documented by both researchers and equipment manufacturers during the past decade. The consensus is that ozone in concentrations as low as 5-10 ppb can degrade cy5 sufficiently within a few minutes to adversely affect a sample. This means that the level of ozone commonly encountered in outdoor environments, especially in urban areas, is far beyond the level necessary to affect microarray samples. Likewise, indoor ozone is often too high since those ozone levels will regularly track the fluctuations in outdoor ozone, though to a somewhat lesser degree. The result is that 2 steps are required for any lab to avoid ozone degradation of cy5:
- Filtration of lab air through carbon filters (or other ozone destruct media) to reduce ozone levels
- Monitoring of ozone to ensure the levels stay within the recommended range of 2 ppb or less.
Ozone Solutions recently put up a new application page which focuses on the intricacies and caveats of Step #2 – Ozone Monitoring for Microarray Applications. To summarize that page briefly, it is tempting for labs to purchase sensor-based ozone monitors (monitors utilizing HMOS, GSS or electrochemical based sensors) due to their low price points and readings that cover the 0 – 0.1 ppm range. There are dangers to using these technologies for microarray applications, however. Customers should consider the following points with regards to sensor-based ozone monitors:
- Their Design Intent
- The possibility of Interference with ozone readings
- Decreasing Ozone Response over time
Once these factors have been considered, the evidence strongly points to UV-based Ozone Analyzers as the best method of monitoring ozone levels for microarray use. Their reliability, accuracy at low-ppb ozone levels, and stable readings over time all lend themselves quite well toward this purpose – and can prevent a lot of trouble (spoiled samples) during the life of the equipment. Prior research into the effects of ozone on microarrays seems to agree with this conclusion, with UV analyzers being the equipment cited in these studies. Click through to our article to find out further details about the use of UV-based ozone analyzers for microarray applications.
Another new informative video about the compact HP-200 Ozone Generator:
Check out additional information on the HP-200 Ozone Generator on our website.
The Ozone Solutions new website now has a functional Decision Support System (DSS) to help you determine the right product for your application. This is a great tool to help narrow down your search for certain ozone related products. At this time this feature is live on the Industrial Ozone Generators page , Ozone Monitors page and the Waterzone Ozone Injection Systems page.
Click this image to give our DSS a try!
Ozone Solutions has expanded it’s Oxygen Concentrator product line to include packaged oxygen concentrators capable of up to 64 SCFH of oxygen. These are compact packaged oxygen concentrators that will produce 93% oxygen from a compressed air supply. Only compressed air and electrical power are needed for operation.
The new oxygen concentrators are the OX-Series of concentrators. The following models are new:
- OX-30 - 30 SCFH oxygen @ 7 PSI delivery pressure
- OX-46 - 46 SCFH oxygen @ 7 PSI delivery pressure
- OX-50 - 50 SCFH oxygen @ 14 PSI delivery pressure
- OX-64 - 64 SCFH oxygen @ 14 PSI delivery pressure
These oxygen concentrators use the popular ATF modules manufactured by Sequal Corporation. Each of the OX-series concentrators uses 2 ATF modules to produce oxygen. The following features are included on each OX-series concentrator:
As you can see all components for operation are inluded in one convenient and compact enclsoure. The included air filtration has proven to be a great tool to extend the life of the oxygen concentrator modules by eliminating dust, oil, and debris from the air.
The OX-series of oxygen concentrators are a cost effective solution to your mid – large industrial ozone generation needs.
For more information on these oxygen concentrators and how they may work for your application call our applicaton engineers today